Effective date: April 1, 2019
We sell domestically within the contiguous United States, Alaska, and Hawaii.
However, most of the east coast is excluded from our sales territory of MiniCat. For the states of Maine, New York, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Vermont, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Washington D.C., West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida, please visit our friends at Red Beard Sailing. For Canadian customers, please visit our friends at Mystic Point Water Sports.
All warranties are provided by the manufacturer. Sailing Awaits LLC provides no warranties of any kind. For more detail, please review our Warranty Disclaimer.
We want you to be happy with your purchase and we want the opportunity to make it right. However, boats are not eligible for return, but we do offer services to help you resell it. Please do your research and request a demo to be sure of your purchase decision. In addition, several types of goods, including safety gear (such as life jackets) and hazardous materials (such as the lithium batteries in electric outboard motors) are not eligible for return either. Items that cannot be returned may be eligible for resale in our classifieds section. Please see the FAQ for details. For all other goods, if you are not satisfied with your purchase, you have 14 calendar days from the date you received an item to initiate a request for return. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging with all packaging materials. Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error may be subject to a partial refund at our discretion. Returned items must also be received by Sailing Awaits within 14 calendar days of receiving notification of your intent to return. To initiate a request for return, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number, the description of the item, and reason for return. We will then provide an RMA number. Your item must be associated with an RMA number in order to receive credit for return. Items not received within 30 calendar days of the purchase date will be refused a refund.
You will be responsible for shipping costs of returning your item unless it arrived damaged or otherwise incorrect due to our error. Return shipping label at our discounted rates will be provided, with costs deducted from the refund amount. You are welcome to use your own carrier. However, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance as we don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item in the same condition that you sent it or that we receive it at all.
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item and notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund. If approved, your refund will be processed, and a credit will be applied to your original method of payment within 30 days. Original shipping costs are non-refundable.
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need an exchange for the same item, send us an email at email@example.com.
At this time, only certain items are eligible for listing in the classifieds section. If you would like to upgrade or just don't sail as much, we support the secondary market and would gladly list your used boat in our classifieds section for $25/mo. Sailing Awaits LLC will serve only in the capacity of marketer.
- Sell by owner only. Sorry, no dealers. Proof of ownership must be provided.
- Terms of sale including the sales price, whether "sold as-is", delivery or pickup, and collection of sales tax, is between buyer and seller.
- A "bill of sale" is legally required to transfer ownership of vessels in all states. Both seller and buyers are individually responsible for adhering to legal requirements. Please visit the licensing entity in your state for details. A "bill of sale" template courtesy of the Washington state DMV can be downloaded here.
- The boat must be located within the USA and the boat will remain under ownership and possession of the seller and free of liens.
- To encourage accurate representation, photos must be provided noting any wear and tear. Sailing Awaits will not be responsible for misrepresentation of the product.
- Sailing Awaits is not responsible for collecting money on behalf of the seller. We suggest Paypal, Zelle, or money order as means of payment.
- Sailing Awaits does not guarantee the accuracy of classifieds listings nor provide warranty of any kind per our Warranty Disclaimer.
- There is no limit to the detail of the listing. Photos and videos are encouraged, but links, ads, or other content referencing 3rd-parties are not allowed. Content of the listing is subject to applicable copyright laws.
- Sailing Awaits reserves the right to modify a listing for any reason, including to comply with applicable laws.
- Termination of a listing is the responsibility of the seller to notify us. Sailing Awaits may elect to terminate a seller's listing at any time for any reason with or without notice. Monthly listing charges are non-refundable and will not be prorated.
- Changes to a listing would incur a $10 fee per change request.
To request a classifieds listing, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions on how to return your item to us or for more information about our return policy, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.