The joy of sailing without the headaches
No moorage, storage, truck, nor trailer needed, but ready whenever and wherever adventure takes you. The MiniCat portable inflatable sailboat is now available in the Pacific Northwest exclusively from Sailing Awaits.
The world's favorite portable sailboat
- Proven in the real-world for over 10 years.
- Engineered and 100% made in Europe since its inception in 2006.
- German-made 35 mil thick Hytex 5509 hulls are more resilient, lighter weight, and easier to repair compared to fiberglass, metal, or rotomolded plastic hulls.
- Modular design makes replacement parts cost-effective and easy to extend the life of your boat.
- Backed by 2-year manufacturer warranty.
- 4 sizes weighing between 64 to 128 lbs.
- Fits into 1, 2, or 3 duffel bags for easy transportation.
- Toolless solo assembly in 15 minutes for the Guppy, 25-30 minutes for the 310 or 420, and up to 40 minutes for the 460 (though faster with an electric inflator).
- Carrying capacity for 2 to 4 adults.
- Toss one, or even several, in your car, camper, or yacht on your next vacation. Or fly with one to your next tropical destination (sports equipment baggage fees apply).
- It's not a race boat, but it's no jury-rigged row boat or kayak either. The MiniCat provides a good balance of performance to portability. View the photos and videos to decide for yourself.
- High-quality materials and manufacturing tolerances.
- Catamaran stability even with its large sail area.
- Low aspect ratio keel fins minimize leeway.
- Full sloop-rigged with jib, main, and optional gennaker.
- Optional trapeze for racing on high-wind days.
- Optional outboard motor mount. Can be used without mast/sails as a tender. Waterproof Torqeedo electric motors also available here.
Youngest solo circumnavigator and MiniCat brand ambassador
Laura holds the record as the youngest person to solo circumnavigate the world at just age 16, after a highly publicised court battle in the Netherlands. Having first sailed a MiniCat whilst on her voyage, Laura has become a fan, owner, and ambassador, even helping to design the 420 Laura Dekker Limited Edition.
"Not long ago I sailed an inflatable catamaran MiniCat with my sister. It sailed really well and it was very fast. I learned that it is easy to assemble and the boat is very well thought out so you do not need much storage space if you are not living near to the sea. It can be carried along in one big bag. Usually advertisements are very much exaggerated but this one really says it like it is. I have seen and sailed numerous inflatable catamarans and this one really stands above them all." — LAURA DEKKER